From the West Briton
Inspector Mark Richards told councillors that Travellers on a Cornwall Council site on the edge of Truro could be there for some time. He broke the news during his presentation to Truro City Council at City Hall on Monday evening….The meeting also heard Travellers who had originally set up camp on Kenwyn playing fields and then moved to the Moresk car park had now relocated to Cornwall Council-owned land at Newham.
Mr Richards said: “There’s a certain amount of leverage that Cornwall Council might put on them to move to an approved site. I suspect they’re going to stay for a while because there’s work.”
Mr Richards said he was not aware of any complaints from residents about the latest Traveller site.
A spokesman for Cornwall Council said the Travellers had been issued with a direction under Section 77 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 instructing them to leave the site.