Following a threatened legal challenge the Government has organised oral hearings about the proposed changes to planning for Gypsies and Travellers. It is essential that these hearing are attended by as many Gypsies and Travellers as possible to get their voices heard in the consultation process.
If you can attend any of these events, please contact Paul Williams on 0303 444 0000, or email Suzanne.Walpole@communities.gsi.gov.uk Please note that in order to arrange visitor passes, they will need names of attendees at least 24 hours before the event. Meetings have already taken place in Lancashire and Hackney.
• Tuesday 26 July (1pm – 4pm): Leeds Gypsy and Traveller Exchange, Ground Floor, Crown Point House, 169 Cross Green Road, Leeds, LS9 0BD
• Wednesday 27 July (11am – 2pm): 2 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS1 6EH (Government Building)
• Thursday 28 July (10am – 1pm): Friends, Families and Travellers, Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XG
• Friday 29 July (12.30pm – 3.30pm): Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 4WH (Government Building)
• Monday 1 August (midday – 3pm): Derbyshire Gypsy Liaison Group, Unit 3, Molyneux Business Park, Whitworth Road, Darley Dale, Nr Matlock, DE4 2HJ
• Tuesday 2 August (11am – 2pm): 5 St Philip’s Place, Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2PW (Government Building)
• Wednesday 3 August (10am – 4pm): Eland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5DU (Government Building)
The Gypsy Council have a useful Facebook page to help people in their responses.