GRTHM events confirmed so far for Cornwall:
1st July (postponed from 17th June) – 10.30 am – 5.00 pm, Trehudreth, Bodmin Moor
“A roaming celebration of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller culture and traditions set in a beautiful valley on the edge of Bodmin Moor. The culture of oral narrative will be brought alive by storytellers, musicians and performers. There will be presentations of Gypsy and Traveller community lifestyle and history. A series of celebratory and thought provoking films screened in the yurt cinema.
- Storytellers / Traveller and Traditional Folktales.
- Roving Musicians and the Gypsy Jazz Band
- TravellerSpace (mobile bus activities for children and families)
- Performers/Fire poi and Juggling
- Large Gypsy Cob traditional feathered horse
- Traditional Traveller Painted Wagon or Varda expected
- Traveller Michael Lee’s Traveller Films under Canvas in the ‘Yurt Cinema’
- Pat Barr’s Workshop on ‘Traveller Culture and History’
- Musician and Singers from ‘The Institute’ Nanstallon Friends of GRTHM (songs poems and stories)
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust’s Nic Harrison-White’s ‘Plants for Medicine, Wild Food and Herbalism’
- Dave Salmon’s ‘Preparing a Rabbit for the Pot’!
For a fun day out, stay and enjoy a picnic with family and new friends in the meadows or in the hay barn, dip toes in the stream…”
The event is free but please book in advance with Nic Harrison-White – email@example.com
For further information or enquiries please call 07891 840 348
Pool Business and Enterprise College – display on Gypsy and Traveller history and culture put together by pupils from Boscarn Parc. Times and dates to be confirmed.